As long as I stayed in Maramures, during the Easter holiday, I had the joy to do the things that I love doing. That is how I remembered how important is to say STOP every once in a while and enjoy the little things that make us feel good. Now, as I returned to the hectic city and with a full agenda of meetings, I started telling myself that I have to make time – at least a few minutes each day – for at least one activity that I enjoy doing, but that I forgot to practice lately.
So, mes cheries, today I am writing a short list ( because the full one is way too long 🙂 ) of the things that I enjoy doing the most. Maybe you will find my list inspiring and you will start making one of your own. Because, at the end of the day, we only live once and it would be a waste of time if we wouldn’t spare some of our time on our guilty pleasures, don’t you think so?
So, my list looks like this:
- Chilling in the morning on the terrace, with a cup of tea, without checking my email or having to take the kids to the kinder garden.
- Going to the movies with Nicolai, switching off our phones and enjoying the moments spent together.
- Reading in the backyard and at leat for an hour, taking a break from Facebook and Instagram.
- Making time for coffee with my best friends, at leat once a week.
- Fly off to Paris once a month.
- Tasting Nicolai’s new desserts. I’m his biggest fan, but also his biggest food critic. 🙂
- Strolling on the little streets of Bucharest on weekdays when people are too busy to see how beautiful this city can be sometimes.
- Observing the people behind the shades, in a random park.
- Watching a romantic movie in the middle of the day.
- Organizing my dresses. This is something that I love doing. Alining them and imagining How would Ilona wear them in a few years.
Belt: Monica Tand
Glasses: Thierry Lasry
Photo: Lasc Media